Huion 1060 Plus Graphics Drawing Pen Tablet in Few Words (Mini Review)
Huion 1060 Plus is a nice graphics tablet, which has a good number of useable express keys and 16 additional hot keys, 2048 level of pressure sensitivity, and good active area. It is a perfect graphics tablet if you plan to use the graphics tablet without the need to reach out for the keyboard at all (just like me).
But bear in mind there are some problems with it, like how the driver may act weird after your computer wake from sleep. And the manual that comes with it is poorly written. Also, if you got this tablet, don’t forget to follow the instructions below, which will hopefully help you to prevent many of the common problems that come with Huion graphics tablets installations.
- Has 12 express keys, which is more than any of any graphics tablet I ever reviewed, plus even more hot keys on the top of that.
- Comes with a rechargeable pen that doesn’t require a battery.
- The user manual that comes with it is written in bad English, and contains pictures of another graphics tablet instead of the one you got.
- The driver software may not work correctly after you wake your computer from sleep.
- Active drawing area:- 10 x 6.25 Inches.
- Features 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- Resolution: 5080 Line Per Inch.
- Report Rate:- 233 RPS.
- Has 12 customisable Express Keys on the side of the tablet.
- Has 16 additional customisable Soft Keys on the top of the active area.
- Comes with a built-in MicroSD Card reader, which is useful if to transfer your photo from your camera to your computer.
- The MicroSD card reader supports up to 64GB cards.
- Comes with 8GB MicroSD card, which bigger than the one that comes with Huion 1060 PRO model, which is only 4GB in size.
- Supported OSs: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac OSX. 10.7.4 or higher.
- Comes with a carrying bag as a gift.
When it comes to specifications, Huion 1060 Plus is a nice graphics tablet, it features 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity, which is a key feature in graphics tablet, which allows you to vary the thickness of your lines based on how much pressure you apply on the tablet while you draw using the pen, and the more pressure sensitivity there is, the more flexibility in your line thickness you will get. 2048 pressure sensitivity is the standard pressure sensitivity you will see in graphics tablets these days.
The active area of Huion 1060 Plus is 10 x 6.25 Inches, which is pretty good given the price of this tablet. It is quite common to have a good active area for Huion tablets at the same price range.
Plethora of customisable buttons
Now let’s talk about the most important feature of Huion 1060 Plus. Which is the 12 express keys on the side of it. That is more keys than any of any graphics tablet I ever reviewed. Huion is probably trying to target the users who want to use their graphics tablets without the need to reach out for the keyboard. And unlike some of the other Huion graphics tablet, which feature as many express keys as this one, but without the ability to customise all of them, all the 12 express keys in Huion 1060 Plus actually work, which is a plus for Huion 1060 Plus (pun intended).
It is worth to note that the way the 12 express keys are lined in 6 rows, and that is another smart move by Huion.
Huion 1060 Plus features a rechargeable pen, which can be charged with the a USB cable that comes with it for that purpose. Unlike Huion pens that require one AAA battery to work. I consider this to be one of this tablet plus points.
Different model from 1060PRO+
It is important that you don’t confuse Huion 1060 Plus with Huion 1060PRO+, which is a different Huion model that is slightly different from this one. I honestly don’t understand why Huion named two tablets so similarly like that yet. :D
SD card reader for fast photo editing.
Huion 1060 Plus contains a nifty & cute feature, which is the built in card reader in it, which can read MicroSD cards, and a MicroSD card that can store about 8 GB of data. This is a pretty useful feature in case you bought Huion 1060 Plus for retouching the photos you took from your digital camera. As it will make it easier for you to load the images into your computer, assuming your digital camera uses a MicroSD card as well.
Huion 1060 Plus & computer sleep problems.
A common problem with Huion driver, at least the 1060 line, is when your computer sleep, and after you wake it up. The tablet stop working correctly, a simple solution to this problem is to unplug and then plug the tablet again. While the solution for this problem is simple, it is quite annoying to have to do that over & over.
Another possible solution for this problem is to change the power settings of your computer so that your computer won’t sleep at all, this can be fairly possible in case you are using a desktop computer.
Instructions to avoid falling into problems with your Huion graphics tablet.
- Check if there are other graphics tablets drivers installed in your computer, and if there is any, uninstall it before you do anything with your Huion tablet. As any other driver may cause conflict with Huion 1060 Plus’s own driver.
- (Important) Install the driver software before you connect the tablet to your computer. This is especially the case if you use Windows. It is highly recommended that you download the latest driver from Huion’s website rather than use the driver that comes in the CD… Click here to download Huion 1060 Plus’s driver from Huion’s website.
- After you install Huion 1060 Plus driver, Reboot your computer. After that, plug in the graphics tablet and you are good to go.
- If you use Windows 7. disable Tablet PC Input Panel, either manually or using an application like Fix My Pen.
Bad User Manual
The user manual that comes with Huion 1060 Plus is not very good, it is written in bad English. And some of the pictures in the manual are for another Huion graphics tablet model, while the manual actually mentions that the illustrated tablet is another model, it doesn’t show you pictures of Huion 1060 Plus itself. This is not really the first time a Huion graphics tablet ships with a user manual like that.
I am not saying that the manual is not useful or that you won’t be able to benefit from it, but compared to the manuals that comes with devices, it is unusual, so I thought it is better to tell you about it before hand, in case you decided to buy this tablet after reading this review.
What is in the box?
- Huion 1060 Plus graphic tablet.
- A 8GB MicroSD Card.
- USB cable.
- Rechargeable Pen.
- Pen Stand, with replacement pen nibs inside of it.
- User Manual.
- Pen charging cable.
- Huion Carrying Bag
While I appraise Huion 1060 Plus for the good number of express keys in it, which is a good move by Huion. Besides this graphics tablet, I also would recommend you to take a quick look at Huion H610 Pro before buying this one.