HUION GT-190 In Short
HUION GT-190 is a very affordable pen display. One of the best options if you are just starting out in digital art. But want something better than a regular graphics tablet. And cheaper than Wacom Cintiq
Pros Of HUION GT-190
- Affordable Wacom Cintiq Alternative. It offers a larger screen, and similar features. But for a fraction of the price.
- Has a nice feature that eliminates the jitters of the lines you draw. Which makes this tablet good for drawing.
- Very easy to install.
- The screen has very good colors.
- So responsive with no lag at all.
- Comes with a rechargeable pen, which requires no external battery at all.
Cons Of HUION GT-190
- Screen view angles are not that great. Because of the TFT screen used in it. This is one of the reasons HUION GT-190 is so affordable.
- Tilting the pen can reduce the pressure sensitivity of the display.
- Doesn’t support HDMI port.
- Has no express keys at all.
- Compatible with PCs, Macs. And all major graphic applications..
- Rechargeable Pen: Minimum 800 hours of continuous use.
- Suitable for both left-handed & right-handed people.
- Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 & Mac OSX.
- Has both DVI and VGA outputs.
- Native Resolution is 1440×900.
- 2048 level of pressure sensitivity. The more pressure sensitivity the tablet has, the more you will be able to create thick or thin lines with it. This is done by varying the amount you press with the pen.
- Applied Electromagnetic digitizer technology.
- Report Rate：220 RPS (Revolutions per Second);
- Viewing Angles (Typical):
- Horizontal : 170°.
- Vertical : 150°.
- Hand Input Resolution： 5080 LPI.
- Screen Size： 19 Inch.
- Unit Dimension (L x W x H): 454.4 mm x 361.8mm x 26.0mm.
Notice: Undefined variable: output in /home/customer/www/sweetmonia.com/public_html/SweetLink.php on line 108
One Of The Best Cintiq Alternatives
HUION GT-190 Offers a larger screen than the cheapest Wacom Cintiq. And that’s for only a fraction of the price. For about half the price of the cheapest Wacom Cintiq available, you will get a 19 inch pen display. With a 2048 level of pressure sensitivity. And a very responsive screen. One that’s compatible with all the major graphics software. As well as major operating systems like Windows & Mac OSX.
It is considered one of many good options if you are just starting out in digital art. But wanted something better than a regular graphics tablet.
As I said, HUION GT-190 is so responsive. It has no lag when you draw with it. The UClogic , which is the manufacturer of pen digitizer for this tablet, inside of it is designed to remove the jitters from your lines. Something you will appreciate if the program you work on has no line-smoothing feature. As drawing on with tablets can be hard at the beginning
When it comes to the HUION GT-190. The worst thing about it is that it has no express keys at all. It would be much better if it had at least 3 of them. Because, in my opinion, express keys can greatly speed your workflow. As you can program each key to do a certain key combinations or sequences.
HUION GT-190 screen native resolution is 1440 x 900. This resolution is lower than the 1080 X 1920 of Wacom Cintiq. Many of the non-Wacom pen displays of this size have this resolution. The resolution is not that bad. But it would be better if it was a bit higher. Despite that, you can works very well with it. Especially if you use HUION GT-190 as a second or a third monitor.
The worst thing about HUION GT-190 screen is its viewing angles. Which are, according to Huion, 170° Horizontally & 150° vertically. But you are likely to find them worse than that when you actually try it. The viewing angles won’t be a problem if you intend to face the screen while you are drawing with it. But it leaves much to be desired.
HUION GT-190 screen can be connected with either the DVI or VGA port. There is no direct way to connect this pen display with HDMI without using an adapter.
- HUION GT-190’s pen is rechargeable through the usb port. It doesn’t need to have an external battery.
- The pen has no eraser on the back of it. So every time you want to erase something in your artwork. You will have to switch to the eraser tool using the keyboard or by clicking on it.
- Tilting the pen while drawing lowers the pressure sensitivity.
Huion Customer Support
When it comes to HUION GT-190. One assuring things is the service level of Huion itself. According to Huion, they provides prepaid shipping labels to send it back to the USA and exchange it for you. So if you live in the US, you don’t have to worry about paying shipping fees in case you got a broken unit. As they seem to go out of the way to provides a good service. As Huion seller in Amazon said:-
If there is any issue, Huion and we will try our best to help you firstly, and if they can’t fix the issue finally. You can send it back to our USA warehouse and we will be responsible for all the cost:) Huion is a good supplier.
Also, if you had any technical problem with HUION GT-190, you can reach out for help to Huion’s page on Facebook and they will try to help you.
Installation Tips To Avoid Any Problems With HUION GT-190
HUION GT-190 installation is very easy. But to avoid problems like this. Make sure you follow the installation tips I listed below. Doing so will help you avoid many commons problems with this display:-
- Delete any Wacom driver you have before installing.
- Download the latest driver from Huion’s website. And install it before plugging the display to your computer.
- If you faced a Parallax problem or inaccuracy. Calibrate the screen with the accompanying software.
List Of Supporting applications list
Following are a list of applications that HUION GT-190 supports. But bear in mind that this pen display is likely to work with any graphics software. But I made this list short just in case-
- Corel Draw.
- Manga Studio.
- Paint tool Sai.
- Clip Studio Paint.
- Art Rage 4.
If you tested HUION GT-190 any other software and had no problem with it. Please mention it in the comments below. This will help me expand the list above :)
- 1x GT-190 Digital Pen Tablet Monitor.
- 1x Rechargeable Pen.
- 1x Power Adapter.
- 1x Power Cable.
- 1x USB Cable.
- 1x VGA Cable.
- 1x Pergear Cleaning Kit.