LX Desk Mount LCD Arm is a great tool to hang your Cintiq and save space. It can help you sit more ergonomically than before. While many Cinitq models offer different kinds of stands, the LX Desk Mount LCD Arm offers is a totally different good experience. It is a must-have item if you draw for hours a day, or in case you sit in front of your computer a lot as well, even for non-artistic works.
LX Desk Mount LCD Arm offers another advantage over the stands that comes with Cintiq, which is the ability to push your Cintiq away when you are not using it. I am yet to see an artists who used an Ergotron Arm with their Cintiq and is not happy with it.
Quickly go to:-
- Pros Of LX Desk Mount LCD Arm
- Cons Of LX Desk Mount LCD Arm
- Technical Specifications
- Useful In Many Situations
- LX Desk Mount LCD Arm Design, Draw More Easily Than Before
- Two Bases Types
- Compatible Cintiq Models
- Can I Use LX Desk Mount LCD Arm For LCD Monitor
- Other Ergotron Arms, For Different Needs
- Will LX Desk Mount LCD Arm Support A Monitor Heavier Than The One Listed Above
- And Finally
- A good choice to anyone who sit on a recliner instead of regular chairs & computer desks.
- Can free up the desk space below it, which mean you can have a keyboard or other devices there, which adds to the benefits of using it.
- Provides better ergonomics and more flexibility on the way you work.
- Has a solid build & quality.
- Can be a bit expensive for some people.
- Supports Screens up to 24-inches.
- Support monitors up to 20lbs (9.1kg)
- Can be lifted for up to 13-inches (33cm).
- Tilt Angle:- 75º+.
- Pan Angle:- 360º.
- Rotate Angle:- 360º.
- VESA type:- MIS-D.
- Suitable for anyone who uses computers hours a day, either for art creation & other tasks.
- If used correctly, it can reduce the strain of the eye, shoulder & neck.
- Cables can be tucked below the arm for a more organized desk.
- Extends LCD up to 25-Inch (64 cm);
- Allows you to push your display out of the way when you don’t need it.
- Allows you to left your Cintiq for up to 13-Inch (33 cm) height.
Books you may find useful, check them out:- :)
See more drawing books in Amazon
LX Desk Mount LCD Arm consist of up to two arms, a lower arm and an upper arm. The two arms combined makes it very easy to adjust your screen in many ways to suit the way you sit. Whether you want to sit more ergonomically, or you use a comfy recliner instead of a standard office chair.
Since the Cintiq will be hang on the air with the arm, it frees up the desk space beneath your Cintiq so you could place a keyboard or some other device there.
The LX Desk Mount LCD Arm can lift your Cintiq for up to 13-inches ( about 33cm) above your desk, so depending on how tall you are, you may be able to work while you are standing up if you want.
LX Desk Mount LCD Arm allows you to tilt the Cintiq forward and backward(70º backward and 5º forward). You can also rotate your Cintiq the same way you could rotate your paper, something that’s very useful for drawing. Of course, if you, for some reason, don’t want to rotate your monitor that way. There is a M3 bolt you could insert to prevent it from that. But I personally can’t imagine a Cintiq owner to do that.
The best way to see what the LX Desk Mount LCD Arm can do is to see by yourself, which is why I recommend you watch this video to see it in action:-
Besides all that, the LX Desk Mount LCD Arm has handles below it, which allow you to tuck the screen cables right below the arm, which helps keep things very clean.
LX Desk Mount LCD Arm comes with tall pole, one with short pole, one with a short one, the long pole version allows you to get your Cintiq higher than the one with a short pole, but it is a bit more expensive than the other version.
Kindly find the difference between the tall pole version & the regular one in the following picture:-
LX Desk Mount LCD Arm has two way to be mounted to your desk out of the box. Clamp bas & grommer mount base.
- Clamp base:- Which basically clamps to the edge of your desk.
- The grommet mount base:- If your office has a grommet hole, you can use it to attach the LX Desk Mount LCD Arm using a bolt to your desk. You can also drill a hole in your desk in case there is no grommet in it.
Compatible with the following Cintiq & pen displays, some models may require an adapter kit to work with this arm. Like how the Cintiq 185X requires a custom bracket for the arm to fit into it.
Note that if your Cintiq model is not listed below, other Ergotron arms could be compatible with it.
The compatible Cintiq models with the LX Desk Mount LCD are:-
- Cintiq 15x.
- Cintiq 17SX.
- Cintiq 185X:- Requires Custom Interface bracket.
- Cintiq 21UX.
- Cintiq 20WSX.
- Cintiq 22HD.
- Cintiq 22HD Touch.
I added this question here just in case you are not familiar with LX Desk Mount LCD Arm. These arms was originally made to be used with LCD monitors. Not just Cintiqs, but since many Cintiq models are compatible with Ergotron arms, and since it is quite useful for that, many artists use them along with their Cintiqs. Which is the reason I wrote this article. :>
While this review is mainly about LX Desk Mount LCD Arm, it is worth it to mention some of the other Ergotron arms out there, which you may be interested in. As some of them has very nice capabilities, like the ability to attach more than once monitor, or the support for heavier ones, and all that. So if you liked this monitor, you may want to check out the other options available as well, as they are really cool.
Possible yes, but to avoid having your Warranty voided, it is better to stick with the specifications listed by Ergotron themselves. While the arm may work pretty fine even if it was not official supported, there is a chance it won’t last for years as in case you used it with a monitor within the specified weight & size.
With LX Desk Mount LCD Arm, you may never want to get back to the older Cintiq stand that came with it, and hopefully, the comfort of your workspace will increase, as well as your productivity. Which makes it worth the investment for it.
In an upcoming article, I am going to list what are the best Ergotron arms you could use with variety of Cintiq models.