Get rid of the annoying USB cable and work freely using Wacom Wireless Accessory Kit
Wacom Wireless Accessory Kit wireless kit does one thing for you, and it does it quite well. It turns your Wired Wacom Tablet into a wireless one. Which allows you to work without getting annoyed by the cable. It is only after you try the kit that you will understand how wonderful that can be^^
Quickly go to:-
- The annoying cable
- You can still use the USB cable too
- Battery Life
- Charging Time
- USB Cable Replacement
- Possible issues
- Compatible Wacom graphics tablets
- The perfect way to get rid of the USB cable of your Wacom tablet.
- A good alternative of getting a longer USB cable for those who need it.
- The battery of the kit charges fast.
- Has great battery life. Even if you own a large Wacom tablet.
- Too expensive compared to the price of some of the tablets it supports.
- You could face some possible driver issues with this one.
Wacom Wireless Accessory Kit Specifications
- Works with both Mac & Windows.
- Up to 15-hour battery life depending on the tablet size.
- Can be used while up to 10 meters away from the computer.
- takes 3 hours to charge the batter to %85. Less than 6 hours for %100 (According to Wacom).
- Have you wanted to sit your Wacom tablet on your lap, and work without having the cable get in your way?
- Or have you wanted to sit on your sofa and use your tablet while your computer is connected to your large LCD TV. Without being hindered by the length of the USB cable?
- Or have you thought about having a cleaner desktop. And without having much cables to get in your way?
The annoying cable
Well, the problem with all these scenarios above is the same thing. It is the USB cable of your Wacom tablet. You are not the only one who has such problem. And lucky for you (and me). You could easily get rid of the cable using the wireless kit.
This is pretty much what the Wacom Wireless Accessory Kit allows you to do. It allows you to use your Wacom tablet wirelessly. Which allows you to get rid of the cable altogether. After you have used the Wireless Kit for a while, you won’t want to work using the cable ever again^^
In my case, the wireless kit came along with the Large Intuos pro. The one I got the tablet few months ago. And so far, I have been very happy with the wireless kit. And I always used it with my tablet.
Even though I am using the largest Intuos Pro. I was able to get many hours of working using the kit. If you own a smaller Wacom tablet, there is a good chance you will get even longer battery life than that.
Notice: Undefined variable: output in /home/customer/www/sweetmonia.com/public_html/SweetLink.php on line 108
Wacom Wireless Accessory Kit consists of 3 pieces:-
- USB Dongle.
- A battery.
- A transmitter.
Installation of the wireless kit is fairly easy. The installation method depends on your tablet model. In case of the Intuos pro, you open a small compartment in the tablet. Then you place the transmitter & the battery inside. And then you plug the USB dongle into the USB port of your PC or Mac.
Here is the official video that illustrates that:-
You can still use the USB cable too
Wacom Wireless Accessory Kit adds a power button to your tablet. Pressing the button will turn on the tablet. And then the tablet will act as if it was plugged. And when the tablet is turned off, it will appear as unplugged in your computer.
After installing the wireless kit into your tablet, the battery of the kit can be charged via the USB cable. A good thing about the kit is that you could still use the kit while the battery is charged via the USB cable
According to Wacom, the wireless kit provides up to 15-hour battery life. The real battery life you will get depends on your tablet size. The case of my Large Intuos Pro, I was able to get many hours of drawing with it. I never really calculated it, but it was very good for me. Considering that my tablet is quire large. There is a chance you will get more battery life than that with the other tablet models.
Wacom Wireless Accessory Kit takes about 3.5 hours to charge %85 of the battery. And less than 6 hours for %100. In case you couldn’t charge it up to %100, then updating your tablet driver is likely to solve this problem.
USB Cable Replacement
The wireless kit can be a great option in case you need a longer cable. While you could buy a longer USB cable from Wacom, adding a few bucks can save you from having to deal with cables altogether.
There is a chance you may face any of the following problems with the wireless kit. The good news is, updating the driver of your Wacom tablet can solve many of these problems. These possible problems are:-
- The cursor goes awry, and start moving randomly.
- The battery is never fully charged.
Compatible Wacom graphics tablets
- Intuos5 Small (PTH450).
- Intuos5 Medium (PTH650).
- Intuos5 Large (PTH850).
- Bamboo Capture (CTH470).
- Bamboo Create (CTH670).
- Intuos Pen Small (CTL480).
- Intuos Pen and Touch Small (CTH480).
- Intuos Pen and Touch Medium (CTH680).
- Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Small (PTH451).
- Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Medium (PTH651).
- Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Large (PTH851).
- Intuos Draw.
- Intuos Photo.
- Intuos Art.
- Intuos Comic.
Thanks for the article. I felt that the driver for the wireless kit still has many bugs. I used intuos art with macbook pro, and has since used 3 wireless kit. Each only lasted for less than two months before it stopped connecting. The USB dongle also drains my macbook battery fast.
Using the USB cable also has its own problem. Everytime I wake my computer up with the cable still attached, it takes some time before the tablet functioning properly, most of the time I have to detach the cable and plug it in again for it to work. In my opinion, the intuos art is the worst Wacom tablet I’ve ever used.