Boogie Board 8.5-Inch LCD Writing Tablet in Few Words (Mini Review)
- A very small & thin board, which makes it easy for you to take with you anywhere.
- You can erase everything you wrote with a push of a button, which is quite convenient.
- A possibly good way to save paper. As long it lasted with you long enough to serve that purpose.
- Comes with magnetic kit with allows you to hang it on the refrigerator or anywhere you can place magnets.
- One of the cheapest Boogie Board models you can get, in case you are looking for something to suit your budget.
- Depending on the model you get, you may not be able to replace the battery inside the board.
- The board doesn’t allow you to transfer what you draw or write in it to the computer. If you want to do that, then you may need to look for another product. Like Boogie Board Rip 9.5 Inch, which has a rechargeable battery as well.
- You can’t erase part of what you wrote at all, you either have to keep everything you wrote or erase it all.
- If you are unluckily, the Boogie Board can die on you faster than it is claimed. That won’t be a problem if the battery could be replaced, but unfortunately that’s not the case for the earliest model. (The newer model of this has a replaceable battery, click here to check it out in Amazon).
- The pressure sensitivity is not impressive in the way you would expect. Especially if you used graphics tablets with pressure sensitivity before.
- Available in 9 colours:- Black, Cyan, Green, Green/White/Black, Grey/White, Pink, Pink & White, Red, White (See all available colours below).
- Suitable for both you & your kids.
- The board comes with adhesive magnets, which allows you to stick it in many places, like the fridge.
- Erase your image with the touch of a button – and a friendly flash from the liquid crystal display.
- Contains a sealed 3V watch battery that can’t be replaced, meaning that once the battery runs out, you won’t be able to replace it to keep using the device.
- The Boogie Board tablet is an ultra 1/8″ thin and is easy to take with you in a purse, scheduler, briefcase or backpack.
- The case and LCD are made from durable plastic materials. Safe for school use and all around the house, office and car.
- The Boogie Board tablet’s pressure-sensitive LCD writing surface creates lines of different thickness based on how hard you push – just like paper and pen.
- Write or draw with the included stainless steel stylus or any other suitable instrument – You can also write or draw using any pointed object, including your fingernails.
- You’ll never need to search for a pen or pencil again.
- What’s in the Box: Boogie Board 8.5 Tablet, Stylus/Magnet set & User Guide.
Made for simple use
There is a good amount of available colours for this tablet to choose the one that matches your taste. Or to identify a purpose of each one you have in case you bought more than one.
Kindly find all the available colours for the Boogie Board 8.5-Inch. Click on the colour you like to view its price and more information about it in Amazon (You will have to select the colour you want again once you are there).
Below is a list of things you could use these board for, these uses are what I could came up with. As I am sure every person can come up with their own uses for sure:-
- Groceries List
- Practicing spelling of English Japanese words.
- Wrote a phone number.
- Take notes of your ideas.
- Quick to-do list that yo don’t care about keeping.
- A quick sketch.
- Make simple drawings on it (I don’t think this board qualifies as a full fledged drawing board).
Other versions of the Boogie Board (With additional Features).
- Boogie Board 8.5-Inch (The original eWriter). (The model I reviewed in this post)
- Boogie Board Sync 9.7-Inch LCD eWriter in Black and Orange with Folio Case and Replacement Stylus. (Contains SD port).
- Boogie Board Jot 4.5 LCD eWriter, Blue (JF0220001). (A smaller version of the Boogie Board).
- Boogie Board Rip 9.5 Inch LCD Writing Tablet (Gray). (Can connect to the computer using a USB cord).