Parblo Coast10 10.1″ can be a good pen display for a hobbyist or someone looking for a cheap pen display. I don’t think it is good for professional work, giving the support level Parblo offers. But it could work great for you very well if you are willing to take a risk. To be fair, it tried to do something good, giving how it doesn’t require you to plug it to a wall, which makes it as portable as a regular graphics tablet, and how the pen that doesn’t require a battery to work. Also, bear in mind that the instruction manual for Parblo Coast10 10.1″ is not very goods, the English in it is bad. But it contains a lot of good information at least.
Quickly go to:-
- The pen doesn’t require a pen to work.
- No need for power source other than USB, which makes it as portable as a regular graphics tablet. Especially with its small size.
- Has tilt sensitivity.
- Poor support.
- The screen has a glare in it.
- Active Area:- 216.96(W) x 135.6(H)mm, or 8.54 X 5.34 Inches
- Panel Type:- TFT LCD
- Screen Resolution:- 1280 X 800
- Aspect Ratio:- 16:10
- Resolution:- 1280 X 800
- Contrast Ratio:- 800:1
- Color:- 16.7M Colors
- Response Time:- 16ms
- Pressure Sensitivity:- 2048 Levels
- Pen Tilt Angle:- 45°.
Battery-Free pen, talk about it, and the weight too
Operation system: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10,Windows Vista, Mac OS X 10.6.8 or above
- Accuracy:- 0.5mm (Center), 2mm(Edge).
- Works on Windows & Mac OS X:- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10. Mac OS X 10.6.8 or above.
Parblo Coast10 10.1″ has a screen Resolution of 1280 X 800, and screen size of 10.1. While the resolution is kinda low, it is good giving the small size of Parblo Coast10 10.1″. Since high resolution makes icons & everything on the screen look smaller.
The screen has a glare in it, which mean depending on where you are sitting, light will reflect off it, making it hard to see what is on the screen, something that is not good for a portable device like Parblo Coast10 10.1″.
Parblo Coast10 10.1″ has a pressure Sensitivity with 2048 Levels, which allows you to vary the thickness of your lines by pressing more with the pen while you draw. The active drawing area, the one you draw in is 8.54 X 5.34 Inches. Parblo Coast10 10.1″ also supports tilt sensitivity, where you can vary your lines by tilting your pen while you draw.
The pen for Parblo Coast10 10.1″ doesn’t require a battery to run, which is a nice selling point. Most of the pen displays’ pens require you charge the pen from the back of it.
To use Parblo Coast10 10.1″, you need two USB ports, but you don’t need to plug it into a wall socket. Something Cintiq 13HD didn’t have, and something that makes it easier to use on the go. It also comes with a USB hub for in case you don’t have two ports.
Parblo Coast10 10.1″ may not work with every art program, it works with Photoshop CC & Manga studio to mention some art applications, as well as GIMP, though you may get problems with that one. According to this thread .
Kindly find some tips for setting up Parblo Coast10 10.1″, these tips will hopefully help you avoid any of the possible problem you may encounter in case you decided to get it.:-
- Make sure you install display link driver then Parblo Coast10 10.1″ driver, this is a very common mistake you may fall into. The folders names in the driver zip file points that out for you.
- To find the driver in Parblo’s website, you need to go to the support page, which you can access from here.
- While I usually recommend installing the latest driver from the website, keep the CD that comes with Parblo Coast10 10.1″, it may work for you better than the one you download online.
While the idea of Parblo Coast10 10.1″ is good, especially for a device you can place on your lap to draw at times, it can be a hit or miss, it may work totally with you, and you end up with a great & portable pen display tablet. Or it may not work, and you will encounter some problems with it.
I hope you liked my Parblo Coast10 10.1″ review, and see you again in another review. ^^
- Best Pen displays & Wacom Cintiq Alternatives
- Wacom Cintiq 13 Pen and Touch Tablet (DTH1300K) Review.
- Wacom Cintiq 13HD Interactive Pen Display (DTK1300) Review
- Learn Photoshop CC With Pictures